Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Wet Dog by dogbreathphotography



Oh my goodness, it’s been so quiet over here for the past few weeks! So sorry guys! But the silence from this end comes with good reason! :) I’ve been off adventuring across the great Golden State of California - working and shooting as I wound my way from San Francisco up into the absolutely stunning landscape of Lake Tahoe. It’s been an incredible past few weeks and I’m finally back to check in with some exciting news and images! :) I’ve had very special plans that have been in the making for quite some time now. All those years ago, when I started my adventure into photography, I made a promise to the creative fire inside of me - and that promise was that I was never, ever going to settle - no matter what. It’s important to me to constantly innovate and change. To keep my head and my heart pointed firmly towards the stars - to keep working and pushing my boundaries - to constantly find my way to the precipice, that scary spot that rests quite frighteningly outside of my comfort zone. last year, while working abroad - teaching the Zoomies Pet Photography workshop in Australia - I had the life changing opportunity to snorkel the Great Barrier Reef in northern Queensland. From the moment I stuck my head underneath that crystal blue water - I felt something inside me shift. There was MAGIC under that water. A whole world that I had never seen before. Colors and light dancing all around me. Corals and fish and tiny little lifeforms in splashes of brilliant neon swaying in the soft current. I was so overwhelmed with that fairytale landscape that I held my hands out before me to make sure that it was all real, and I felt a tear form in the corner of my eye. At that moment, I realized that a whole world of magic and inspiration had always been beneath me - sharing this beautiful earth — and I had never known of it before. It was in that moment that I fell in love with water - and with the endless landscapes beneath the surface that sit so quietly waiting to be discovered. It was that moment, and the days followed that I began to dream up ideas of mixing two of some of the most beautiful things that this earth has to offer - dogs and natural bodies of water. I researched and researched and researched underwater photography and underwater landscapes for endless hours. Finally, at the very beginning of this year - standing in that really scary spot that’s located boldly outside of my comfort zone - I had a custom underwater rig made for Dog Breath Photography. Lake Tahoe was just the beginning of lots of incredible new adventures in Dog Breath land - and Miss Morgan the gorgeous Bernese Mountain Dog was happy to be my lovely model for the first shoot! :) What do you guys think?! … I’m so excited for all the possibilities…. waaaaaahhh!! :) (PS — I totally have to admit to you that the reality of shooting these images in Lake Tahoe was certainly not all sunshine and rainbows. Despite the fact that the water was basically like hanging out in an ice bucket and the water got quite choppy because of the wind - after about 6 minutes of shooting - our NON waterproof battery that powers the main lighting rig came tumbling out of the bag my assistant had on his back and went splashing into the water. So, we basically ended up getting about 15 or 16 clicks of the shutter in before the whole adventure came to a screeching halt. This was one of the very few shots of gorgeous Morgan that I managed to capture before the battery fiasco haha. Life happens though sometimes, right? And if at first you dont succeed, try try AGAIN!) :)nice wallpaper picture free download via 500px http://ift.tt/1c2631u

No comments:

Post a Comment